Township Officer Duties
In Des Moines County, most township trustees and clerks are appointed. Officials in Richland and Washington Townships are elected to four-year terms.
Township Trustee Duties
- Annually prepare and adopt a budget and certify taxes for the following services:
- Fire & Rescue
- Maintenance of Township Cemeteries
- Township Hall Repairs
- Tort Liability Insurance
- Resolve fence disputes
Township Clerk Duties
- Maintain a record of all proceedings and orders of the trustees
- Maintain records and documents
- Prepare annual Statement of Receipts & Disbursements
The Auditor's Office maintains a list of current township officials.