513 N. Main St.
Burlington, IA 52601
Mission StatementAs a centrally located department established to assist all other Des Moines County departments, under direct supervision of the Board of Supervisors, our goal is to satisfy the technology needs and requests of all county departments. In doing so, we will educate ourselves with the general familiarization of all county hardware and software, as well as the latest state of the art computer commodities being made available to county government for future upgrades and expansions, enabling this department to aid, assist, and educate the Board of Supervisors in the needed direction of the county technology systems. We also strive to enhance communication to better all departments understanding of the county computer system and the computer needs within their departments. In doing so, we, as county employees, can serve the taxpayers of Des Moines County in a better, more efficient, and fiscally responsible manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and advise other county departments on software and hardware purchases for their departments
- Setup and installation of new hardware and software for county departments
- Maintain the network infrastructure of the county
- Research and troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Maintain records on all technology equipment from acquisition to sale or disposal
- Assist users with application issues
- Responsible for all hardware and software maintenance and licensing