Do you have questions about your assessment and property tax valuation? Please see our frequently asked questions.
513 N. Main St. · Fourth Floor
Burlington, IA 52601
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Important Dates to Remember
- January 1: Effective date of current assessment.
- April 2 through April 25 inclusive: Property owner may request an informal review of their assessment by the assessor.
- April 2 through April 30 inclusive: Protest of assessment period for filing with the local Board of Review.
Board of Review Petition
- May 1 through adjournment: Board of Review meets each year.
- July 1: Filing deadline for new Homestead Credit and Military Exemption applications. Owners must own and occupy their property on or before July of the year for which the credit is claimed.
- October 9 through October 31 inclusive: Protest period for filing with the Board of Review on those properties affected by changes in value as a result of the Director of Revenue and Finance Equalization Orders (odd-numbered years).