Federal Assistance

In addition to county services, the Veterans Affairs Department provides assistance with federal benefits and other aid.

We provide help for all honorable discharged veterans and/or their family members in applying for federal benefits and other veterans aid, which include but are not limited to:

  •  Service-connected disability compensation
  •  Special monthly compensation
  •  Non-service connected pension
  •  Surviving spouse pension
  •  Aid and attendance/housebound
  •  Military records upgrade and military records replacement
  •  Agent Orange/PTSD/Desert Storm Sickness/Type II Diabetes/HepC
  •  Application for VA HealthCare System
  •  Application for admission to the Iowa Veterans Home
  •  Headstones
  •  All other federal programs

Back · Des Moines County Veterans Affairs